ABEM LLSA Articles
Help for the Pain
Want the LLSA CliffsNotes?
LLSA 2014 Articles
All article links are provided. Some are not offered in full text.
Male Genital Tract
- Mellick LB. Torsion of the testicle. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2012;28(1):80-86. PubMed Link
- Weingart SD, Levitan RM. Preoxygenation and prevention of desaturation during emergency airway management. Ann Emerg Med. 2012;59(3):165-175. PubMed Link
- Szpilman D, Bierens J, Handley A, Orlowski J. Drowning. N Engl J Med. 2012;366(22):2102-10.
Patient Safety and Medical Errors
- Baumann BM, Chen EH, Mills AM, et al. Patient perceptions of computed tomographic imaging and their understanding of radiation risk and exposure. Ann Emerg Med. 2011;58(1):1-7.e2. PubMed Link
- Linden JA. Clinical practice. Care of the adult patient after sexual assault. N Engl J Med. 2011;365(9):834-41.
- Zafonte R. Diagnosis and management of sports-related concussion: a 15-year old athlete with a concussion. JAMA. 2011;306(1):79-86. PubMed Link
- Srygley FR, Gerardo CJ, Tran T, Fisher DA. Does this patient have a severe upper gastrointestinal bleed? JAMA. 2012;307(10):1072-79. PubMed Link
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Flowerdew L, Brown R, Vincent C, Woloshynowych M. Identifying nontechnical skills associated with safety in the emergency department: a scoping review of the literature. Ann Emerg Med. 2012;59(5):386-394. PubMed Link
- Diercks DB, Mehrotra A, Nazarian DJ, Promes SB, Decker WW, Fesmire FM. Clinical policy: critical issues in the evaluation of adult patients presenting to the emergency department with acute blunt abdominal trauma. Ann Emerg Med. 2011;57(4):387-404. PubMed Link
- Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Aziz K, et al. Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2010;122(18 Suppl 3):S909-19.
- Perry JJ, Stiell IG, Sivilotti M, et al. Sensitivity of computed tomography performed within six hours of onset of headache for the diagnosis of subarachnoid hemorrhage: prospective cohort study. BMJ. 2011;343:d4277. doi: 10.1136/bmj.d4277.
- Stub D, Bernard S, Duffy SJ, Kaye DM. Post cardiac arrest syndrome: a review of therapeutic strategies. Circulation. 2011;123(13):1428-35.